This theme is compatible with WooCommerce plugin![Info_Box]
Already running a Templatic eCom theme?
Because WooCommerce products aren"t compatible with your existing products updating will require some special attention. To learn more please click here
Once you activate the plugin all your theme settings and widget settings will be lost.
How to use/activate WooCommerce with Templatic theme
Here’s how we can use WooCommerce plugin with the framework theme:
Please make sure that you have not enabled network for that plugin if you are having multi site then. Otherwise, you won’t be able to activate the plugin.
- First activate the theme from WP-admin -> Appearance -> Themes. Do not insert sample data of the theme.
- Now, download and activate the plugin from WP-admin -> Plugins. When you’ll activate the plugin, you will see a below notification.
- Here, click on “Install WooCommerce Pages” button. It’ll auto install the pages with one click. If you want them to add one by one then you can add them manually as well. You can use these shortcodes to make different pages.
- Now you’ll be able to see below message strip:
- As you are using WooCommerce plugin, click on “Templatic Theme Setting”. If you do not want to use the plugin then you can deactivate it by clicking on “WooCommerce Plugin” link.
- If you have skipped this step then you can manually activate the WooCommerce settings from WP-admin -> Theme Options -> Enable WooCommerce field. Select “Yes” and click on “Save Changes”.
- If you want to set up the WooCommerce widgets automatically in their respective widget areas then just click on “Yes” link showed in the below screenshot which will appear after all above process.
- If you want to uninstall the widgets and set them manually then, click on “Yes” link showed in the below screenshot. It will remove all the widgets from all the widget areas.
To learn more about WooCommerce please visit WooCommerce Docs
Widget Settings while using WooCommerce
Three widget areas get created if you"ve activated WooCommerce plugin. They are as follows:
a) Woocommerce Product Listing Sidebar: Widgets placed in this area can be viewed on category pages.
b) Woocommerce Product Detail Sidebar: Widgets placed in this area can be viewed on product detail pages.
c) Woocommerce Inner page Sidebar: Widgets placed in this area can be viewed on different pages like store page, cart page, checkout page, My account pages, page templates, etc…
Middle Content Area Widgets:
There are two widgets which can be used in your theme’s middle content area:
a) T > WooCommerce Latest Products:
It displays the latest products on your home page middle content area. Latest is the one which is added at the last.
This widget displays “Add to Cart” button. It won’t display in the products where the products are having attributes. Products having “Simple Products” as product type and having no attributes will have an “Add to Cart” button on home page.
This widget is developed to use when you are using Templatic E-Commerce theme with the WooCommerce plugin.
b) WooCommerce Recent Products:
This is the widget which comes with the plugin itself. It is having the same functionality like T > WooCommerce Latest Products widget.
Note: It won’t display “Add to Cart” button like “T > WooCommerce Latest Products”. This is the only difference between these two widgets.
Difference between WooCommerce Cart & T > WooCommerce Shopping Cart:
- WooCommerce Cart widget can be placed in sidebar areas while T > WooCommerce Shopping Cart can be used in sidebar areas as well as Header Right areas of the theme. (WooCommerce Cart is not designed to place in header right areas).
- To see the products in the cart you’ll need to refresh the page if you are using “WooCommerce Cart” widget after clicking on “Add to cart” button. Whereas, if you’re using T > WooCommerce Shopping Cart widget, the number of items get displayed on the same page in cart. No need to refresh the page.
Different WooCommerce widgets:
a) WooCommerce Product Search widget:
Can be used in Navigation Area?
Can be used in Header Right Area?
Can be used in Sidebars?
|WooCommerce Product Search Widget|
b) WooCommerce Price Filter widget: This widget can only be used in “Woocommerce Product Listing Sidebar ” & “Woocommerce inner page Sidebar ” areas.
c) WooCommerce Layered Nav widget: This widget can be used in “Woocommerce inner page Sidebar ” area only.
Store Theme widgets:
The only difference between other theme and this theme is that in left sidebar area only below widgets can be placed.
a) T > WooCommerce Shopping Cart
c) T ? Store Advt 290x300px
KidzStore & Emporium Theme widgets:
In KidzStore theme, all the sidebars with all the widgets work everywhere except one page template “Page Left & Right Sidebar”. This template will not work with the WooCommerce widgets. So this page template cannot be used if you are using WooCommerce plugin.
If you want to change skin color in your WP-admin -> Theme Options -> General Settings, then make sure that you have deactivated “Enable WooCommerce CSS styles” option from WP-admin -> WooCommerce -> Settings -> General.
If you still having any queries or further question you can search or create the topic in forums.